Whether you're following Liz Earle's plan from The Good Menopause Guide book or simply want to start your day in the healthiest way, you're sure to love this recipe for a Super Skin-Saving Smoothie. The wellness entrepreneur has created recipes that will make a powerful impact to how women look and feel during the perimenopause and menopause, and this smoothie is no exception.
"If I'm going to make a smoothie I love to add extras which make it even more worthwhile to drink. Besides the vitamin C and antioxidants in these low GI fruits, I throw in spoonfuls of collagen and hyaluronic acid, as when consumed on a regular basis they can also help give skin, joints and bones a boost," Liz says.
Gluten Free/ Serves 1/ 96 calories
- 50g raspberries
- 50g blueberries
- 50g strawberries
- 1 scoop collagen powder (or according to packet instructions)
- 1 tsp hyaluronic acid (or according to packet instructions)
- 50g plain live yoghurt
- Put the berries into a mini food processor or blender. Add the collagen, hyaluronic acid and yoghurt and whizz until smooth.
- Add 200ml water and whizz again to blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
Make this the night before to have an instant, energising breakfast in the morning. Just pour into a sealable container and chill. Don't leave it in the fridge for too long, though, or the ingredients will start to separate. Stir well before drinking.