Calling all horoscope enthusiasts! If you're already well versed in searching the compatibility of your love interest, scouring astrology columns for your monthly reading and how Mercury in retrograde is going to affect your star sign - you'll love this read.
READ: 5 most affectionate dog breeds for emotional support
If you've ever considered adopting a dog, astrology experts at Write From the Heart have revealed why you should consider your star sign attributes before choosing a dog breed.
WATCH: Hilarious moment a dog steals the red carpet at Venice Film Festival
After all, if astrologists believe that our zodiac is related to our personality traits, characteristics and personal desires, it only makes sense that you should consider finding a dog breed compatible with those traits.
Should you choose your dog according to your star sign?
Psychic, astrologist and tarot reader Inbaal says: "Dog breeds have their own likes and dislikes, and different star signs have unique characteristics. It's best if they fit well together."
MORE: 5 naughtiest dog breeds most likely to wreak havoc at home
SHOP: The best dog advent calendars to treat your pet this Christmas
"Finding a pup who's compatible with your star sign is best for the both of you. For example, if you're a Cancer who loves nothing better than snuggling on the sofa with your furry friend, a boisterous and adventurous dog may struggle to fit in with your lifestyle, and vice versa."
Experts suggest personality traits and characteristics are influenced by our star signs
Of course, whether you're into horoscopes or not, the most important consideration when it comes to caring for a pet is that you'll provide your four-legged friend with the love and lifestyle it needs to be healthy. Think you've got that covered? Here's a handy guide to choosing the perfect pooch according to your star sign...
The best dog breed according to your star sign
- Capricorn - Shiba and Poodle
- Aquarius - Havanese and Labrador
- Pisces - Maltese and St. Bernard
- Aries - Labrador, German Shepherd and Golden Retriever
- Taurus - Boxer, Border Collie, German Shepherd, and Shetland Sheepdog
- Gemini - Dalmatian, Greyhound, Jack Russell Terrier and Bearded Collies
- Cancer - Rottweiler, Pug, Shih Tzu and Neapolitan Mastiff
- Leo - Corgi, Labrador, Kuvasz, Daschund and Rough Collie
- Virgo - Siberian Husky and Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Libra - Shih Tzu, Pug, Greyhound and Newfoundland
- Scorpio - Dalmatian
- Sagittarius - Dachshund and Corgi
Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.