Brucie set for next series of 'Strictly' but with a pay cut

Wednesday July 1, 2009

Strictly Come Dancing host Bruce Forsyth has reportedly agreed to present the next series of the popular dance show with a 25 per cent pay cut.

Instead of his usual £660,000 salary the TV personality will take home £500,000 because of across the board reductions in the BBC's wage bill.

"In times like these people are taking cuts. Gone are the days when you'd get a Brucie bonus for being loyal," said a source close to the star.

"But can you imagine watching Strictly without Bruce? It would be unthinkable."

Earlier this year the 81-year-old presenter was forced to scotch rumours that he planned to retire. "I'll know when I've had enough. But for now I still love showbusiness," he said.

  • <
  • Brucie set for next series of 'Strictly' but with a pay cut

  • >
  • 4 of 8




Most Read Stories

follow us on



Featured content

Red Carpet

All the latest news and pictures from the red carpet

Jennifer Lawrence

The latest news and pictures of the hot young Hollywood actress and star of Silver Linings Playbook




Suggestions