Rock star Jon Bon Jovi was said to be "shocked" by his 19-year-old daughter's heroin overdose.
The lead singer's daughter Stephanie Bongiovi was in her dormitory room at her university when she overdosed on heroin, and was subsequently taken to hospital.
Reflecting upon the event, the singer said that he was stunned as any parent could be.
"I didn't have any sisters. We bring home this girl the first day. Now what? Where's the manual? There was no manual. So you bring her up the best you can, you surround her with hugs and kisses and know that she may eventually fall down," said the front man.
"I appreciate the outpouring of kindness in light of what happened in my household. I'm shocked as much as the next parent with this situation and had no idea. But then you surround them with best help and love and move on, and that's where we're at with it. Steph is a great kid. Great GPA. Cool school, Hamilton College up in Clinton, NY. Everything about it is idyllic. She was doing great. Then a sudden and steep decline."
However, the father-of-four said he was "confident" for the future.
He said: "Hopefully, we caught it when we did and that's the end of it. But who knew?"
Image: © Getty
Previous News In Pictures: