Singer Wyclef Jean was reduced to tears as he passionately addressed victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
As tears streamed down his face the 37-year-old made a public plea on behalf of his native country, before promising help to his fellow Haitians.
"If you don't mind I would want to speak to my people in Haiti. So I will speak to them in their own language," he said at the press conference in New York.
"I told them that I don't cry for myself, that I cry for them," he later translated.
"I tell them just...give us...a little more time. We're going to be back on the ground on Saturday and we are going to be back on the ground every week to help the situation."
The former Fugees star, who visited the island last week, says the devastated capital Port-au-Prince urgently needs to be evacuated so that relief agencies could go in.
Wyclef also used the time to deny allegations that he has been using donations for personal use.
The $2million sent to his charity Yéle Haiti was "absolutely not" used for personal benefit, he confirmed.
Photo: © PA
Previous News In Pictures: