Gavin Rossdale has been recruited as one of the new judges on The Voice UK following the show's move to ITV this year. Here at HELLO! we have rounded up ten must-know facts about the Bush frontman.
1. Gavin was born in London and was raised primarily by his father, who is a doctor. His parents divorced when he was eleven years old. He has two sisters and one half sister.
2. The 51-year-old is the lead singer and songwriter for the British rock band Bush. Although they were formed in London, the group achieved most success in America.
CLICK TO VIEW GALLERY
Gavin Rossdale was married to American singer Gwen Stefani
3. Gavin was married to American singer Gwen Stefani, who is a judge on the US version of The Voice. The couple ended their marriage in 2015 and are parents to three sons, Kingston, aged 10, Zuma, eight, and two-year-old Apollo. Gwen filed for divorce last April, citing "irreconcilable differences".
4. During his marriage to Gwen, a paternity test revealed the rocker was father to model Daisy Lowe from his relationship with Pearl Lowe. Gavin and Pearl had a five year relationship in the late 1980s while she was married to fertility specialist Bronner Handwerger. When Daisy was born, Gavin was made godfather. As a result of the DNA test, Gavin was initially estranged from Daisy and her family, however, father and daughter have since reunited.
His daughter is British model Daisy Lowe
5. Despite his divorce with Gwen, Gavin says fatherhood will always be his number one priority. "For me, it's just thinking about the boys and how to prioritise them," he told Sunday Times. "I have an incredible life with them, and that's what matters. You can't keep up with all the vitriol. Just don't get into all that." He added: "[They're the] better versions of me. I'm going to try and take all the things I've ever done wrong and keep them away from that."
6. Before he became a rock star, Gavin was in a five-year relationship with singer Marilyn (real name Peter Robinson). The pair initially denied their romance when Boy George wrote about it in his 1995 memoir, Take It Like A Man, but, Gavin later admitted he had a fling with Marilyn in the 1980s when he was just 17 years old.
7. Although Gavin is famed for his musical talents, he is also something of an actor, having scored the brief roles in Zoolander, The Bling Ring, and Criminal Minds. He also played half-demon Balthaza in 2005 film Constantine.
The Voice judge is the lead singer for rock band Bush
8. In 2004, after Bush went on a two-year break, Gavin formed band Institute. Their album, Distort Yourself, released in September 2005 achieved moderate success and the single "Bullet Proof Skin" was used in the motion picture Stealth.
9. In 2013, the talented musician received an Ivor Novello Award, for International Achievement in Songwriting. He was also ranked 75th in the Top 100 Heavy Metal Vocalists by Hit Parader.
10. Although Bush broke up in 2002, when one of the members retired, the band went on to reunite in 2010 and have since been recording new music with plans to go on tour again.