Wedding season is in full swing and if you're looking for a last-minute outfit, we've got you covered.
As a wedding guest, you have so many options to choose from - besides wearing white, the fashion world is your oyster. So whether you want to go with a classic floral dress or try an alternative wedding guest outfit like a jumpsuit or trouser suit, we've searched for all of the very best available to buy online this summer. Whatever your style, we think we've found something you'll love.
Wedding guest outfit trends for 2023
- Cut-out detail: One of the biggest trends of the last few seasons is still going strong. If you're attending a wedding at the height of summer or even abroad, cut-out detail not only looks stylish and playful, it will also keep you cool. From the very subtle to more statement pieces, we've found lots of cut-out dresses on the high street.
- Asymmetric hems: Not just a style that adds interest and a modern edge, an asymmetric skirt is made for movement, which is perfect for a dress you want to feel comfortable in all day.
- Ruffles: Exaggerated ruffles were all over the spring/summer 2023 runways. They're romantic and feminine but also flattering, covering any areas you don't want to accentuate.
- Exaggerated sleeves: In the same vein, statement puff sleeves are also everywhere, and ideal for a wedding guest outfit if you wouldn't wear them for a more casual occasion. We've found both short and long-sleeve styles.
- Sheer detail: While a Valentino-esque sheer dress is far from appropriate for a wedding (the bride probably won't thank you), there's nothing wrong with taking this season's sheer trend and adding it to your outfits in small doses. Think sheer sleeves and very subtle panelling.
- Summer suiting: Soft tailoring also made its mark on the runway, cementing a trouser suit (or short suit) as a must-have piece for your summer occasionwear wardrobe.
- Pastel colours: While bright hues are still very much in (think bold pinks and cobalt blues), they've made way for more pastel shades this summer and we've found some beautiful lilac, yellow and baby blue options online.