Nancy Dell'Olio says arrivederci to 'Strictly'

Monday October 31, 2011

Italian siren Nancy Dell’Olio has become the latest star to hang up her dancing shoes.

The 50-year-old was axed from Strictly Come Dancing on Sunday following a routine with partner Anton du Beke that garnered her only 14 points from the judges.

They performed the rumba during Saturday night’s Halloween special.

And Nancy kicked off the dance by emerging from a sequin-spangled coffin.

But the judges were less than impressed, with Alesha Dixon calling it “a walking disaster”.

"Your legs are so far apart and that's not very feminine," the singer added.

But Nancy accepted the public’s decision to vote her out of the show with grace.

“I'm going to miss a lot of it,” she said.

“It has given to me quite a lot ? meeting incredible people and learning dancing… partly!

"I'm definitely going to keep dancing, because it is fantastic exercise, not only physically but for the mind, for everything.”

Photo: © BBC1

  • <
  • Nancy Dell'Olio says arrivederci to 'Strictly'

  • >
  • 10 of 12




Most Read Stories

follow us on



Featured content

Red Carpet

All the latest news and pictures from the red carpet

Jennifer Lawrence

The latest news and pictures of the hot young Hollywood actress and star of Silver Linings Playbook




Suggestions