A busy lifestyle can often make preparing breakfast difficult, with many of us forced to grab something as we rush out the door on the way to work. However, help is at hand from Joe Wicks - aka The Body Coach - who has shared the recipe for his delicious goats cheese and chorizo morning muffins from his new cookbook, Joe's 30-Minute Meals. Not only are these easy to make and delicious, they're also nutrient-rich, with a blend of healthy fats and protein that will keep you full until lunchtime.
Joe Wicks' goats cheese and chorizo morning muffins make an easy breakfast (Photo: Maja Smend)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 125g cooking chorizo, cut into 5mm pieces
- 100g frozen peas
- 75g soft goat’s cheese
- 8 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 125g jarred roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin 3cm strips
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
RELATED: Try Joe Wicks' chicken pie recipe
See the recipe in Joe Wicks' new cookbook, Joe's 30-minute meals
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C (fan 170 ̊C/gas mark 5).
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo pieces. Fry for 3–4 minutes until cooked through, then turn off the heat and leave.
- Bring a kettle to the boil. Tip the peas into a bowl, pour the boiling water over the peas and leave to sit for 1 minute. Drain and leave to one side.
- Tip the goat’s cheese into a bowl and crack in 2 eggs along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk the cheese together with the eggs until fully combined. Whisk in the remaining eggs, then stir in the cooked chorizo along with any of the red cooking oil, the peas, red peppers and spring onions. Mix well.
- Equally divide the mixture between the twelve holes of a muffin tin, then slide into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. When cooked, remove and leave to cool.
Joe’s 30 Minute Meals by Joe Wicks is out now (Bluebird).