Our four week #HELLOFIT plan has officially begun, with celebrity trainer Jane Wake on hand to help you drop a dress size before Christmas! If you want to join us and see impressive results in time for the festive season, it's not too late – we've got all the details you need to know for week one, including a 30-minute-a-day workout plan and Jane's nutrition advice. Jane says: "I'm not going to say this will be easy, but if you really do want to change then that's one of the biggest steps of all – so be determined, be focused and keep thinking about how better you will not only look but also feel if you can keep this up."
Each week at 7.30pm on a Monday night we will live broadcast a workout for you to follow on HELLO!'s Facebook page. Follow these workouts as described below. Make sure you work at a level that's suitable to you and heed all of the safety advice. You will also find below Jane's eating tips. Good luck, and keep us updated with your progress using the hashtag #HELLOFIT - we want photos, comments and words of encouragement!
MORE: Drop a dress size before Christmas with Jane Wake's #HELLOFIT plan
Celebrity trainer Jane Wake has devised our four week #HELLOFIT plan
20 November - this is our combined workout where we introduce both our Barefoot and Pilates Flow programmes. Join us at 7.30pm where we will warm up first and then do 15 minutes of Barefoot followed by 15 minutes of Pilates Flow.
REPEAT THIS COMBINED WORKOUT AT LEAST FIVE TIMES IN THE WEEK (example below)
MONDAY Live 7.30pm - 15 mins Barefoot, 15 Mins Pilates flow
TUESDAY Recorded - 15 mins Barefoot, 15 Mins Pilates flow
THURSDAY Recorded - 15 mins Barefoot, 15 Mins Pilates flow
FRIDAY Recorded - 15 mins Barefoot, 15 Mins Pilates flow
SATURDAY Recorded - 15 mins Barefoot, 15 Mins Pilates flow or try a longer workout on www.myflexifit.com
Jane's top tips on nutrition for eating success:
TIP 1 – Eat to Move, Don't Move to eat
This means considering your meals in relation to when you are going to move. It's about eating to energise yourself and being considerate about the fact that you really are what you eat! Eating the right foods first and foremost is about trying to improve your health.The bi-product is less weight, better looking skin, greater energy levels, better sleep patterns and a less chance of getting life-threatening illnesses.
RELATED: See healthy eating inspiration here
Compound that with the right exercise – such as the exercise on our #HELLOFIT programme – and you are on the road to really doing something amazingly positive. Considering food to energise in a positive way, i.e. eating to fuel your workouts rather than exercising to burn off what you have just eaten, you will improve your ability to workout far more effectively and you will be able to reap loads of benefits.
If you like what you see, check out more of Jane's amazing workouts at myflexifit.com.
Some safety factors:
- Make sure you have a safe space in which to exercise. That includes a non-slip floor surface and preferably one that's soft under your feet – a wooden floor with a Yoga-style mat is ideal, or a short pile carpet.
- You don't have to use any equipment but if you do, then you do so at your own risk. Please note we do not advise using heavy weights during barefoot workouts. If you would like to use some resistance then we recommend purchasing the bands used in the videos which can be purchased via myflexifit.com/shop.
- Follow my tips about eating to ensure you have enough energy for your workouts
- Always train at an appropriate level for you – don't exercise to exhaustion, you should always be able to at least string a sentence together - and follow my technique for the correct way to do the moves.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after your sessions. You should be drinking two to three litres of water daily.
- Always check with your doctor before commencing any exercise. If you have a health condition that could make exercise prohibitive then you MUST seek advice from your GP/doctor first.
- If you are pregnant or postnatal, these workouts may not be suitable for you. For my pre and postnatal training programmes please go to www.Myflexifit.com
- Wear suitable, comfortable and supportive exercise clothing
- If you experience pain or are unsure about doing a movement STOP, reassess what you are doing by checking your form with mine in a mirror.
- Don't workout every day - your body needs at least one if not two days a week to rest. You can still do gentle to moderate exercise, just not the hard stuff.
- If you want to ask me any questions please head to my Facebook or Instagram feeds where you can ask me questions and can gain more advice on how to perfect your workouts and eating plans @JaneWakeUK . I will endeavor to answer as many as I can and or address your questions in each new workout that is shown live each week. So make sure you tune in!
See the latest health and fitness stories here.