Charlotte Church has said she feared for her life after a faulty boiler began to leak at her new £1.3 million mansion, it has been reported.
The Welsh singer told friends she and her two children are "lucky to be alive".
At the suggestion of her grandfather she had a detector fitted and discovered that the boiler was releasing carbon monoxide.
A source told Closer magazine: "Charl was terrified when she found out what had been happening and said she feels lucky to be alive.
"She had been complaining of headaches for weeks but had no idea why".
The singer moved into the new home with Ruby, three, and Dexter, two, after her split from rugby ace Gavin Henson.
Photo: © Rex
Previous News In Pictures: