Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Loose Women's Nadia Sawalha shares update on horrific facial burn

The TV star recently suffered burns to her face

nadia sawalha injury
Sharnaz Shahid
Deputy Online Editor
July 16, 2021
Share this:

Nadia Sawalha recently suffered horrific burns to her face - much to the shock of her fans. Returning to Loose Women this week, the presenter gave viewers an update on her recovery.

"I got my idiot injury, that I'm calling it," she shared. "Folks, never put honey in a bottle in a microwave, because that's what I did, and I had a really bad burn on my neck. So that was all... just an absolute idiot. I got what I deserved really for being so stupid."

READ: How Nadia Sawalha and husband Mark saved their marriage

WATCH: Nadia Sawalha reveals shocking neck burns after being scalded in kitchen accident

Luckily it wasn't anything more serious as Nadia is now on the mend thanks to a skin patch. "I've got this brilliant patch thing," she said. "It's something called hydrocolloid or something? It just stops that itching, and it's really good for scarring, but actually it's doing really well. I did it about ten days ago and it's doing really well."

MORE: Loose Women star Nadia Sawalha's rebellious family home - photos

Exclusive: Nadia reveals why her daughters are being home-schooled

Last weekend, Nadia posted a photo of her gruesome injury, admitting she had the "week from hell," since her post comes just days after one of her dogs was taken ill.

Alongside the snap, which showed a painful-looking blister on her neck, she wrote: "I'm calling this my IDIOT INJURY! What a PLONKER I am!"

nadia sawalha injury insta© Photo: Instagram

Nadia recently took to Instagram to reveal her neck burns

The presenter continued: "I did this on Tuesday and the blistering (pics too gruesome to show you!) has been too bad to put anything on it. But I think I should start using something ASAP. Any suggestions would be greatly received! You always have such great advice!!"

Although Nadia didn't go into details on how she got the burns in her post, later on during her live Coffee Moaning YouTube broadcast, she explained that she was heating up a plastic bottle of honey in a microwave when it all went wrong.

"The plastic bottle was two seconds from the whole thing exploding like shrapnel," she said. "The honey leaps out the pot and sprays all over the ceiling, all over the side, all over the floor, all over the cupboards and splashes up my neck."

Make sure you never miss a story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox.

Sign up to HELLO Daily! for the best royal, celebrity and lifestyle coverage

By entering your details, you are agreeing to HELLO! Magazine User Data Protection Policy. You can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please click here.