This 'Flamingo Hula' cocktail recipe is the perfect drink to sip on as you sail into your weekend. A recipe concocted in The Roof Gardens bar in London before its recent closure, the name is an ode to the resident flamingos that once decorated the rooftop space. A recipe that needs to be remembered and shared, this is a summer stunner that is sure to impress your guests!
Makes 1, Preparation time 10 minutes
• A large slice of fresh watermelon
• 50ml/2fl oz Mezcal (if you can’t get your hands on Mezcal then tequila works as an alternative)
• A squeeze of fresh lime
• A squeeze of agave syrup
• A handful of ice cubes
• A sprig of fresh rosemary and strip of lime zest
1. Remove the flesh from your fresh watermelon and blitz in a blender to create a watermelon purée.
2. Add this to your cocktail shaker along with the Mezcal, lime and agave syrup. Give a good shake before pouring into a short glass with a handful of ice cubes and garnishing with a sprig of fresh rosemary wrapped with a strip of lime zest.