Simon Cowell admits mistakes over Susan Boyle

Monday June 22, 2009

Music mogul Simon Cowell has admitted mistakes were made over the handling of Britain's Got Talent runner up Susan Boyle, who shot to international fame after her first audition in the TV talent search.

"Looking back on it all, it has become clear to me that we didn't handle the situation with Susan as well as we could have," revealed the 49-year-old, who admitted: "Yet to be honest, I don't know that I could have done it any differently."

Simon said he didn't realise just how big Susan would become when he first saw her singing I Dreamed A Dream in the first round of the show.

"I certainly didn't think, 'here comes a phenomenon who is going to become the most famous woman in the world, I wonder if she can mentally cope with it?'" he recalled.

After being admitted to a private London clinic with exhaustion following the programme's finale, Susan recovered to take part in the tour. She's performed at almost half of the events so far.

Simon says he had spoken to Susan's family last week and asked them, "Did we do right or did we do wrong?" in letting her carry on with Britain's Got Talent "once it became clear she was finding it stressful".


"They said, unanimously, that we did the right thing," he wrote in the Daily Mail.



Photo: ę Rex

  • <
  • Simon Cowell admits mistakes over Susan Boyle

  • >
  • 10 of 10

´╗┐
´╗┐

Most Read Stories

follow us on

´╗┐

Featured content

Jennifer Lawrence

The latest news and pictures of the hot young Hollywood actress and star of Silver Linings Playbook

´╗┐
´╗┐

Suggestions