Anyone who's had a bad hair day knows how much it can affect your mood, and now new research has revealed that our locks are directly linked to our confidence. Over 75 per cent of women asked said that good hair days are the key to their confidence, in a new survey from haircare brand Nioxin.
Healthy, glossy, full and thick locks were crowned the hair quality we covet the most, with 84 per cent of men and women asked confessing that the appearance of their hair impacts how they feel about themselves.
Whether you're headed for a night out or have a big presentation at work coming up, we take a look at the quick and easy ways to avoid any hair-related nightmare…
Scroll below for the full list of tips
Kim Kardashian recently showed off a new, shorter hairstyle
Top tips for confidence-boosting hair:
- If you're often dealing with flyaway strands, simply mist hairspray onto a soft toothbrush and gently tease any stubborn hair back into place.
- If your hair is limp, try Nioxin's Thinning Hair Systems for an instant lift.
- Loose, flowing locks can be distracting at work, so why not try an easy and sleek updo, such as a ballerina bun? Create a smooth canvas with Nioxin Deep Hair Repair Masque – leave to sit for five minutes for glossy and frizz-free locks.
- If you worry your hairstyle will fall flat mid-dancing on a night out, plan ahead and give your hair some structure using an intensive, volumising treatment to nourish the hair, keeping the strands strong.
- If your hair is damaged from over-styling, turn to hair accessories. Instead of reaching for the straighteners or fighting with your fringe, use a headband or embellished clip to cover problem areas.
- The British weather can wreak havoc on your hair, so make sure to treat your locks to protective and restorative potions. Nioxin Density Protection not only reduces breakage by an average of 54 per cent, but will replenish a thick and healthy appearance to hair that has been ravaged.