Whether you're shopping for a new perfume for yourself or for a loved one, we're here to guide you on choosing the best perfume for women.
Personal preference plays a big part in this, and obviously it's ideal to try before you buy, but some popular fragrance brands include Chanel, Dior, Marc Jacobs, and Jo Malone London. It's essential to choose a fragrance that suits the person.
Mother's Day is approaching and you might be searching for a fragrance to gift your mum or your parent figure, below you'll find some new scents that have been trending with fragrance lovers in recent months, as well as some iconic scents from Chanel and Maison Francis Kurkdjian. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll find some tips on how to choose a perfume for a gift.
How to choose a perfume for a gift
- Think about what type of scent she likes: Consider whether she prefers floral, fruity, woody, oriental, or fresh scents.
- Think about the occasion: Some scents are more suitable for daytime or casual wear, while others are better for evenings or special occasions. If you're buying for someone who rarely goes out in the evenings, stick for the daytime scents.
- Test fragrances: You could visit a fragrance store or department store and try out different perfumes, or you could request miniatures online.
- Understand the notes: When testing a fragrance, first smell the top note, which is the initial scent you detect. Wait for a few minutes to allow the middle (heart) and base notes to develop, as they can be quite different.
- Consider longevity: Pay attention to how long a fragrance lasts on your skin. Some perfumes have better longevity than others.
- Read reviews and seek recommendations: Online reviews and recommendations from friends or family can provide valuable insights into a perfume's quality and performance.
The best new perfumes for women
We want to be completely transparent – the HELLO! Loves badge indicates a paid product placement in this article, but we only recommend products that we believe in and think you would love to discover and shop.