If you're working a hybrid work model, or whether you're back to the office full time, you might be struggling with what to wear for your trips to the office. You might also just be in the mood for some new 2023 autumn additions to your work wardrobe, and we're here to help. Choosing what to wear for your morning commute is no mean feat - here are some ideas for your daily work outfits.
How we chose the best work outfit ideas
- Our own experience: The HELLO! office is rather relaxed - we can wear jeans and trainers (and most people do!) but we've also worked in more corporate environments so we were keen to keep this edit as professional looking as possible. We realise some people must wear formal office wear so we hope you find what you're looking for below.
- Comfort: While we haven't tried on all of these garments, we have included items we know strive to be comfortable, such as wide-leg trousers and mid-heel shoes. The office isn't a place for pain-inducing footwear or restrictive clothing.
- Catering to all budgets: We know that work is different for everyone, and everyone's salary is different. Some women would prefer to shop savvy when it comes to their workwear - opting for cheap brands such as Primark, Matalan and Vinted. While others would prefer to invest, leaning towards the likes of Reiss, Boden and sustainable fashion brands. We've tried to do a nice mix of it all.
1. The power blazer
A power blazer is a must-have for the office. We're loving this M&S one. We'd pair it with a crisp white shirt and a pair of smart cigarette trousers, teamed with a chunky gold necklace and a pair of small-heeled work shoes.
2. A printed dress
A printed midi dress is a must for any workwear wardrobe. They're airy enough to keep you feeling comfortable throughout the day and smart enough that you feel well put together with minimal effort. We love this bold midi from Boden.
3. The perfect white shirt
Finding the perfect white shirt is not easy. If you're a fan of a fitted blouse or a loose, oversized look, you simply cannot go wrong with this beauty. We love this ASKET shirt because it's perfect for the office, with your jeans at the weekend, or to tuck into your sequin skirt come party time.
4. Wide-leg trousers
Tight trousers are a no-go when you're working at a desk - a pair of wide-leg trousers are an absolute must. We love this pair from River Island. And they also come in white and tan.
5. A silk shirt
This Mulberry silk shirt is crafted from woven crepe and will look great for your work wardrobe this fall. Team with black trousers, loafers and a stylish laptop bag.
6. The perfect A-line skirt
Work skirts don't have to be boring. H&M's calf-length twill skirt has pleated flounces down the front and around the hem.
7. Trench coat
A trench coat is a must for your work wardrobe - especially when you have to deal with unpredictable weather! This premium design from Mango is water-repellent and will be your go-to for years to come.
8. Masculine loafers
Our work heels have been switched up for a more comfortable style these days. These H&M loafers have an on-trend snaffle detail on the toe. Loafers are having a moment right now. Wear yours with a belted blazer and ankle-grazing trousers this season.
9. Court shoes
You can never go wrong with a new pair of court shoes. Update your collection by opting for beighe instead of black.
10. Buckled belt
Smarten up any outfit with a buckled belt. This one from H&M is perfect!
11. A pair of classic earrings
You can't go wrong with these crystal hoops. Elegant, classy and chic - what's not to love?
12. A chic work bag
You'll need a decent-sized bag that's chic enough to sit on your desk. We love this Aspinal of London bag in black woven leather, but it also comes in lots of different colours.
13. Smart glasses
Specsavers has launched a range of glasses designed by the late Vivienne Westwood. This frame is partially made of Eastman Acetate Renew which is made from a combination of recycled plastic and bio-based materials.
14. The perfect wear-with-anything blouse
A cream blouse comes in very handy for work. Simply add a pair of cigarette trousers for easy 9-5 elegance, and then team with a pair of jeans for a casual weekend look.
15. The monochrome work dress
We don't know about you but we're still not ready to give up our love for relaxed dressing. We'll be opting for trans-seasonal midi-length dresses with long sleeves.
16. A stripe tank
The humble tank sweater is fast-becoming the ultimate workwear essential. The chic and versatile layering piece is ideal for the office.
17. A new season coat
We're eyeing up this military swing coat from ME+EM. Shaped to a flattering swing silhouette, this wool-blend coat is a works-with-everything investment.