Sequin skirts are no longer banished to only being seen at Christmas parties and holiday festivities - they're a year-round staple, and there's plenty of high street sequin skirts in stock right now for your autumnal wardrobe, festivals and even those big events. And hey, it's never too early to get prepped for your festive looks.
Sequin skirts have become synonymous with cool-girl party dressing; they can be dressed up, toned down and are universally flattering. From Loewe to Ellie Saab, they're a catwalk staple and the sales speak for themselves - from midi sequin skirts to micro-mini and even maxi, these sell-out fast so you've got to be quick if you want to add one to your fashion rota.
Best sequin skirts - at a glance
- Best sequin skirt under £50: River Island Sequin Skirt, £40
- Best designer sequin skirt: Victoria Beckham Sequin Skirt, £897
- Best gold sequin skirt: Sezane Sequin Skirt, £150
- Best pleated sequin skirt: Phase Eight Midi Sequin Skirt, £129
How to style a sequin skirt
The sequin skirt is the cool girl’s alternative to a traditional party dress, looking as stylish with a silky cami and heels as they do a chunky roll-knit jumper and hiking boots – wearable, affordable and universally flattering are just some of the reasons we love them so. Party time? Add a sheer blouse, satin tee or clashing sequins. Brunch calls for a hoodie or cable-knit sweater with sneakers and your sequin skirt, because life's too short to save those sequins for the dancefloor, and is anything more brilliant for a festival than a sequin skirt and crop top?
Anything that can be dressed up or down season upon season gets pride of place in our wardrobe. Trust us, the cost per wear will be pennies because you’ll be wearing it so often. The only downside of a sequin skirt? They go out of stock, and fast.
How we chose the best sequin skirts
I've shopped the high street for the best sequin skirts in stock. Or at least they are for now. Here's how I chose them:
- Price: There's no need to spend hundreds on a sequin skirt - some of the best are under £20, and they don't scrimp on quality or style either. I've found a range of prices, so there should be one to fit your budget. Many are on sale, making it a great time to buy one even if it's to store till the festive season.
- Style: You won't find any subtle embellishment in here. The sequin skirts here are as sparkly and full-on sequinned as is humanly (or high street) possible. The more sequins the better.
- Length: When I first think of a sequinned skirt, I think of the classic midi length. But a sequin mini skirt works just as well so I've included a variety of lengths into this edit.
- Colour: Gold and silver might seem standard sequin fodder, but it's worth considering sequinned skirts in brights, patterns and muted tones too. In this edit, you'll find a range of shades.
Shop the best sequin skirts
HELLO!'s selection is editorial and independently chosen – we only feature items our editors love and approve of. HELLO! may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. To find out more visit our FAQ page.