Much like the sequin skirt, sequin trousers are the only embellished fashion item I make an exception for. I enviously look on when fashion girls where sequin trousers so nonchalant, and I’ve figured out why I love them so much – it’s all in the clever styling. Sequin trousers were the choice of fashion week goers during September’s shows, proving the shimmery-style pants are spot on for any occasion, be it a birthday party, engagement party or hey, brunch on a Saturday.
Of course, come Christmas and New Year, sales of sequin trousers spike as partygoers look for something a little different to the standard dress or LBD to wear. This is the season they come into their own.
Sequin trousers styling advice
I'd add a sweatshirt or classic crew neck knit, and those party pants are instantly transformed to daytime attire. Or keep it casual with an oversized white shirt, half-tucked with sneakers for a leisurely look. A smarter occasion calls for more polished tops and heels. A boxy-cut T-shirt or slinky finish tee are ideal partners for sequin pants, or an oversized shirt artfully tucked in.
If it’s a dinner, wear a classic black or grey cashmere knit, or even a sweater vest, with yours. For a full-blown sequin ensemble, buy a coordinating sequin blazer to wear with your sequin trousers – a lightweight cami in silk or fine rib cotton underneath works, or button up the blazer with nothing underneath.
Whether you’re looking to buy skinny sequin party trousers, palazzo sequin pants or jeans with sequins, we’ve got you covered with the best sequin trousers on the high street. Who said you have to save your sequins for best?
Shop our favourite sequin trousers
How I chose the best sequin trousers
- Variety: From skinny to wide-leg fit and plain to patterned, you’ll find a variety of styles in this collection.
- New-in: I’ve only included sequin trousers from the ‘new in’ sections of high street brands to make sure there’s plenty of stock.
- Inclusivity: All of the styles I’ve featured are available in a variety of sizing, from 4 to 24, as well as different lengths for tall, petite and regular.
- Price: This edit is strictly under £120 – you won’t find a pair of sequin trousers in this edit for over the £120 price point.
- Availability: These sell out fast, and I’ve only included sequin trousers that are not just in stock, but in stock of plenty of sizes too, at the time of publication.