From Black Friday to the holiday season, this time of year is a busy one for we HELLO! shopping editors - but I confess one of my favorite things to shop for and write about are holiday advent calendars.
I absolutely love beauty advent calendars in particular, and it is such a self-care moment to open a little glow-boosting present daily to help count down to the holidays. To be perfectly honest though, sometimes it seems like there are sometimes way to many to choose from, whether the exclusive versions at retailers like Saks or Nordstrom, which are filled with a host of beauty treats from various brands, or the limited edition makeup and skincare advent calendars from beauty faves like Bobbi Brown or Elemis for diehard single-brand fans.
There are so many holiday beauty advent calendars out there, so I'm here to help you decide which one – or ones – you'll invest in this year. In some cases you can save hundreds of dollars, or get luxury beauty buys you might not usually indulge in for a fraction of the price.
You can also decide to share the wealth, giving the individual days' gifts as stocking stuffers or as presents to friends and family. Every year, our favorite beauty brands treat us to fabulous holiday care packages in the form of advent calendars, and 2023 is no exception.
How we chose the best beauty advent calendars for 2023
I've been reviewing and writing about holiday advent calendars for HELLO! Online for a few years now, and every holiday season seeing the new beauty gift sets sparks immediate joy. There's nothing more fun than imagining opening a beauty treat each day (I open mine every morning because I just can't wait) whether its discovering and trying a new product or getting a brand new version of a product you already know and love. So here's what I took into consideration in choosing the best limited edition holiday beauty advent calendars for this year:
- Popularity: As someone who has been a shopping editor for four holiday seasons now, I’ve been studying the numbers to find out which beauty advent calendars HELLO! readers love most and shop year after year.
- Price: We’ve hit various price points on our list, whether you want to spend under $50 or go all out with the most luxurious holiday countdowns out there.
- Packaging: I especially value an advent calendar made from recycled or reusable materials - and the value of an aesthetically beautiful box can not be underestimated! The advent calendar may also be part of your festive season decor, or you may even want to reuse the packaging, I I gave extra weight to advent calendars that are as gorgeous on the outside as the treats are inside.
- Value: We know beauty advent calendars can be a pretty big splurge, even if you have a big holiday budget. We want to make sure that the gifts inside are worth it and won’t go to waste. The advent calendars on this list will also save you money as compared to buying the products separately - in some cases upwards of $1000.
- Our friends and family's personal faves: We’re experts in advent calendars because we have an opportunity to try so many of them, but we also shop them for ourselves every holiday. If we’ve personally gifted or bought it ourselves – and loved it – you’ll of course find it on this list.
Best limited-edition holiday advent calendars
These advent calendars are for the ultimate fan girls (and boys) who just can't get enough of a single beauty brand, whether La Mer or L'occitane, BareMinerals or Bobbi Brown. These 12-day and 24-day holiday beauty advent calendars are the ultimate indulgence as you open daily skin care, makeup and bodycare gifts from your favorite go-to.
Best exclusive holiday advent calendars: Saks, Bloomingdale's and MORE
If you're looking for a holiday beauty advent calendar that covers a spectrum of fabulous beauty brands in one beautiful box, these are the countdowns for you. These exclusive holiday advent calendars from department stores - Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's and the like - as well as beauty retailers, allow you to stock up on your faves. They're packed with treats from top brands.
If you feel like counting down to Christmas early, get your hands on these beauty advent calendars that are available right now before they sell out.