Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Jimmy Kimmel narrowly escapes injury while cooking Thanksgiving dinner - see the photos

The star could have gone up in flames

jimmy kimmel burned thanksgiving© Photo: Getty Images
Hannah Hargrave
US Deputy Editor
November 26, 2021
Share this:

Jimmy Kimmel was giving thanks that things weren't worse for him when he shared an update on his Thanksgiving celebrations and revealed he almost caught on fire. 

The talk show host took to Instagram with a message for fans in which he revealed: "Happy thanksgiving everyone. Try not to burn your hair and eyebrow off lighting the oven!"

MORE: Jimmy Kimmel's family home is what dreams are made of 

The photo showed Jimmy with singed arm hair and the front of his hairline and half an eyebrow also entirely singed off. 

WATCH: Jimmy Kimmel plays Who Wants to be a Millionaire with his kids 

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone. try not to burn your hair and eyebrow off lighting the oven!" he quipped.

His fans rushed to comment and said they were so thankful he was ok. While Jimmy appeared to take the accident in his stride, his social media followers urged him to be more careful.

LOOK: Good Morning America's hosts' homes are another level: Michael Strahan, Robin Roberts, more

WATCH: Celebrity kids crash Zoom chats! Chris Hemsworth, Kim Kardashian and more hilarious videos

"Jesus. Fine line between funny and 3rd degree burns. Glad for everyone you fell on the funny side," wrote one, while another added: "Good lord".

jimmy kimmel arm hair burn© Photo: Instagram

Jimmy showed off his singed hair 

The scary thing is, it's not the first time this has happened to Jimmy. One fan commented: "Again?" and he responded saying: "Yep. It's now a holiday tradition."

He famously burned his beard off during summer celebrations. Jimmy opened up about the incident on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. 

SHOP: Nordstrom, Sephora & more Black Friday sales: 47 top deals and discounts to shop

"On July 4th I did a very stupid thing," he said. "I turned the gas on on the grill and then I went for a little walk to look for matches. And then when I came back I thought, 'Hmm, I should probably open the lid and air this thing out, maybe turn it off and start over again.'

View post on Instagram

Thankfully he was uninjured 

"And then I thought, 'No, I'm not going to do that. What I'll do is I'll light a piece of paper on fire, then throw it into the grill.' I did that, and there was a massive explosion in my face. I burned my beard off and my eyebrow off and my eyelashes off."

Read more HELLO! US stories here 

Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.

Sign up to HELLO Daily! for the best royal, celebrity and lifestyle coverage

By entering your details, you are agreeing to HELLO! Magazine User Data Protection Policy. You can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please click here.

More Celebrity News

See more