The Earl and Countess of Wessex's son James, Viscount Severn, celebrates his seventh birthday on 17 December.
To honour the royal's big day, HELLO! Online has gathered a list of ten facts you may not have known about Prince Edward and Countess Sophie's youngest child.
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
James, Viscount Severn is the Queen's youngest grandchild
1. James was born at 4.20pm on 17 December 2007 at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey, as the second child and first son of Prince Edward and his wife the Countess of Wessex.
2. Speaking after the birth, Edward proudly said that his son was "like most babies, rather small, very cute and very cuddly."
3. Four days after his birth, on 21 December, it was announced he would be named James Alexander Philip Theo and be known as Viscount Severn, with court communications referring to him as Lord Severn.
James Viscount Severn, pictured aged 16 months, has an older sister Lady Louise Windsor
4. In April 2008, royals gathered in the Private Chapel of Windsor Castle for James' christening, which was conducted by the Dean of Windsor, Bishop David Conner.
5. James was the first to wear the new replica of the traditional christening gown, which had been originally used by his great-great-great-grand-aunt, Victoria, Princess Royal, who was the eldest daughter of Queen Victoria.
6. As a member of the royal family, he made his first official appearance at the Diamond Jubilee's Thames River Pageant, aged four. The young royal was spotted waving the British flag along the Thames with his parents and older sister, Lady Louise.
James Viscount Severn attends the annual Trooping the Colour ceremony in 2013
7. The following year, the young Viscount also joined his family for the annual Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, which celebrates his grandmother the Queen's birthday.
8. James shares his special day with Pope Francis and American Horror Story actress Sarah Paulson.
9. The young boy and his family currently live at Bagshot Park in Surrey, commuting to London for official engagements.
10. He is very close with his grandmother and Her Majesty, along with his sister, Lady Louise, and is often spotted riding in Windsor Park at weekends.