Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 celery heart, washed and trimmed
- 1 x 410g can borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 225g/8oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange or red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1cm/1⁄2 in pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp each sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
Cut across the whole head of celery to make thick slices, discarding the root end. Put into a bowl with the beans, tomatoes and pepper chunks.
Warm the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the seeds and cook over a medium heat until lightly toasted. Add
to the salad.
Crush the garlic and sprinkle with a little salt then crush again to make a paste. Put into a bowl, with the oil and lemon juice, season and whisk. Pour over the salad, toss gently, then serve.