Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 450g/1lb British turkey mince
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp mild smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml/1⁄4pt red wine
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 185g/61⁄2oz fresh cranberries
- Sour cream and salad leaves to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
Put the onions and pepper in a roasting tin, drizzle over 2 tbsp oil and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes.
Mix together the turkey mince, egg, garlic and paprika and season well. Divide into 8 equal portions and mould into sausage shapes using wet hands. Thread 2 onto each stick and place on a non-stick baking tray.
Drizzle the koftas with the remaining oil and roast for 18-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Combine the wine and cranberry sauce. Remove the onions and pepper from the oven, scatter with fresh cranberries and pour over the wine and cranberry sauce mix. Return to the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, salad and cranberry chutney.