Ingredients (Makes 10 cakes)
- 1 x 170g can white crab meat, drained
- 75g/3oz cold mashed potato
- 2 red bird’s eye chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp brown rice flour or cornflour
- 50g/2oz Pure spread (any kind)
- 2 tsp beaten egg
- Sweet chilli, sweet and sour or plum sauce to serve
Mix together the crab meat, potato, chillies, coriander, flour and half of the Pure spread and bind together with the egg. Take spoonfuls of the mix, roll into small balls and flatten with a fork.
Melt the remaining Pure in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the crab cakes in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve immediately with a sweet chilli sauce, sweet and sour sauce or a plum sauce.