Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 15g/1⁄2oz walnut-sized knob of butter
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 15g/1⁄2oz Wensleydale cheese, made into shavings
- Handful freshly snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice granary toast to serve
Melt the butter in a non-stick pan, pour in the beaten eggs and cook for about 1-11⁄2 minutes until the eggs start to set. Stir or scramble the eggs briefly, add the tomatoes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until softened.
Sprinkle with the cheese shavings and snipped chives.
Slide the omelette onto a warm plate and fold in half to enclose the filling. Season it well, accompany with a slice of toast and serve immediately.