Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 200ml/7fl oz coconut milk
- 4 small shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 level tsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped very finely
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 125g/41/2oz pieces salmon fillet, skinned
- Cooked basmati rice to serve
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
To make the sauce, pour the coconut milk into a large frying pan, add the shallots, sugar, curry paste, tamarind paste and chopped apple. Season well, then bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the fish fillets to the pan, cover with a baking tray and simmer gently for about 2-3 minutes until the fish is just very slightly undercooked – it will finish off cooking while it is standing.
Put some cooked basmati rice into four deep bowls, add a salmon fillet to each, spoon over the sauce, sprinkle with coriander and serve straight away.