- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp reduced-salt dark soy sauce
- 3tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½tsp Chinese five spice
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 500g pork loin steaks, trimmed and cubed
- 8 bamboo skewers
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the slaw
- 250g carrots, washed, trimmed and coarsely grated
- 150g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 150g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 75g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, Chinese five spices and orange zest and juice. Season with black pepper, add the pork, and mix well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hrs. Meanwhile, soak the wooden skewers in water to prevent them scorching when cooked.
Make the slaw: In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce together. Add all the shredded vegetables and turn well to coat in the sauce. Spoon into a serving bowl and chill for up to 4hrs before serving.
Preheat the grill or barbeque to 200°C,400°F or Gas Mark 6. Thread the marinated pork onto the skewers and cook under a hot grill or on the barbecue for 15-20min turning regularly, until the pork is cooked through and lightly charred at the edges.
Serve the pork kebabs with the slaw and season to taste.