- 2 cucumbers
- 8 lamb loin chops, about 120–150g each
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable or corn oil for brushing
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 large shallots, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- a small handful of mint leaves, shredded
Cut the cucumbers in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut each half on an angle into 1–2cm thick slices.
Heat a ridged griddle pan or heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper, brush with oil and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, keeping them pink.
Meanwhile, heat the rapeseed oil in another frying pan and add the shallots. Fry, stirring, for a minute, then add the cucumber slices. Season with salt and pepper and sauté over a fairly high heat for 2–3 minutes until tender. Take off the heat and stir in the shredded mint.
Divide the cucumber between warmed plates and place the lamb chops on top to serve.