- 450g/1lb spicy sausages, for example pork and chilli
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut in half
- 1 red pepper, cut into quarters and deseeded
- 1 green pepper, cut into quarters and deseeded
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 2 tsp dried cumin
- 1-2 red chillies, halved lengthways and seeds removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Sour cream sprinkled with fresh coriander and a pinch of cumin, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4.
Place the sausages and the vegetables into a large roasting pan. Sprinkle over the cumin and add the chillies, season and drizzle over the olive oil. Toss to coat and then arrange in a single layer in an ovenproof dish.
Place in the preheated oven and cook for about 40 minutes until the sausages are golden brown and cooked through and the vegetables tender and starting to brown.
Serve piled into an earthenware dish with a separate pot of sour cream sprinkled with coriander and cumin.