100g Fox’s Christmas Pudding, crumbled
1 tsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 stick of celery, sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
½ vegetable stock cube (made up with 100ml boiling water)
1 bay leaf
1) Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan. Add the sliced onion and cook for 3 minutes, covered until soft.
2) Add the celery and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add the garlic, cumin seeds, tomato puree and Fox’s Christmas Pudding and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the vinegars and bring to the boil. Add the stock and bay leaf, boil then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Remove and discard the bay leaf, spoon into a sterilised jar and allow to cool. Refrigerate until required. This chutney will keep for 1week in the fridge.