Dish type: Breakfast
Makes 1 omelette, serves 2
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
100g Tenderstem broccoli, each piece cut into 3
½ a small red onion, finely sliced
3 large free-range eggs
Knob of butter
40g low- fat cream cheese
1 tbsp chopped chives
Salt and pepper
50g smoked salmon, cut into strips
1. Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan (around 15cm diameter) and gently sauté the Tenderstem broccoli and onion until it is softened and starting to become golden. Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
2. While the onion and broccoli are cooking, mix together the cream cheese and chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Return the pan to the hob, increase the heat and add the butter. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once the butter is bubbling, add the eggs. Swirl around the pan and either using a fork or rubber spatula, stir around until the eggs are almost set. Spread to cover the surface and leave to continue cooking for a minute or so, until the top of the eggs are almost set, with just a little liquid on the surface.
5. Spoon the onion and Tenderstem broccoli onto one half of the omelette. Add the cream cheese and finally lay over the salmon. Tilt the pan and carefully fold over the other half of the omelette on top of the filling. Slide onto a plate and serve with a green salad.