100g small new potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 courgette, diced or grated
2 tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and roughly chopped
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Bring a lightly salted saucepan of water to the boil, add the new potatoes, reduce the pan to a simmer and cook the potatoes for about 12 minutes, until tender.
• Drain, leave to cool and then cut into slices.
• Heat the oil in an 18-20 cm non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chopped courgette and sauté for about 6 minutes.
• When the courgette is cooked, add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the sliced new potatoes.
• Beat the eggs together with the milk, parmesan cheese and a little seasoning. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes or until the eggs are set underneath.
• Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Place the frying pan under the grill with the handle sticking out if not metal and cook for about 3 minutes until golden and set.
• Take out and when the omelette is cold, cut into wedges and wrap in foil.
Annabel Karmel Lunchboxes (Ebury Press) £6.99
eburypublishing.co.uk and annabelkarmel.co.uk