750g cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 oval rustic loaf, cut into 4 long slices lengthways
300g unsmoked bacon
4 medium eggs, poached
2 tbsp chopped parsley
• Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
• Place the tomatoes on a large baking tray and toss in 1 tbsp oil and balsamic vinegar, season and bake for 20 minutes until soft.
• Meanwhile, brush the bread with the remaining oil, place on a baking tray and add to the oven for the last 10-12 minutes of cooking.
• Place the bacon under a preheated grill for 7-8 minutes then cut into thick slices. Mix with the tomatoes and use to top the toasted bread.
• Serve topped with a poached egg and sprinkle with parsley.
• Add chopped garlic to the bread for extra flavour for brunch.
• Any remaining bread can be made into breadcrumbs and frozen for use at a later date.
More info available at: www.shakeupyourwakeup.com