• 375g plain flour
• 260g unsalted butter, softened
• 125g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
• 1 large egg, plus 1 beaten egg for glazing
• 400g mincemeat
• 1 apple, cored and finely diced
• 25 g dried cranberries
• 1tsp cinnamon
• Icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
2. Place the flour and butter in a bowl and rub together to a crumb consistency. Add the sugar and the egg, and mix together. Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and fold until the pastry comes together, be careful not to over mix. Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the mincemeat, diced apple, dried cranberries and cinnamon.
4. Unroll the chilled pastry onto a board (to about 3mm thick). Using roughly a 7cm cutter, stamp out 12 circles and use to line a muffin tin. Reserve the pastry trimmings.
5. Spoon a little of the apple mincemeat into each pastry case.
6. Using the pastry trimmings stamp out 12 small star shapes. Put a star on the top of each tart.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and cooked.
8. Leave to cool for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
Rochelle has worked with Fairy and Make-A-Wish® UK to create this recipe.