Orange and blueberry zabaglione
Strawberries, raspberries or blackcurrants can also be used with the oranges, and you can use the leftover egg whites to make meringues
30 JUNE 2009
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 large oranges
- 225g/8oz fresh blueberries or berries of your choice
- 4 large Happy Egg Co egg yolks
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 50ml/2fl oz sweet sherry
- Few extra blueberries, mint sprigs and orange zest to decorate
Peel the oranges then carefully cut them into segments, removing all the white pith. Mix the orange segments with the blueberries then divide the mixture between 4 small bowls or dessert serving glasses.
Place the egg yolks and sugar into a large heatproof bowl and whisk until the mixture is thick and fluffy. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and continue to whisk while gradually adding the sherry.
Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring, until really thick and creamy.
Divide the mixture between the 4 bowls or glasses, spooning it over the fruit. Chill in the fridge.
To serve, decorate with a few blueberries, mint sprigs and orange zest.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic