Sensational savoury cheesecake
This cheesecake would be the crowning glory of any warm-weather meal. Perfect with a selection of salads
07 JULY 2009
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 200g/7oz medium or rough oatcakes, finely crushed
- 125g/4½oz butter, melted
- 250g/9oz full-fat soft cheese
- 250g/9oz ricotta
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 100g/4oz Tickler, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g/1lb 2oz shallots, peeled
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 170°C, 325°F, Gas 3. Line the base of a 20cm/8in springform tin with baking parchment then lightly oil.
In a bowl, mix together the oatcakes and butter then press into the tin, smoothing the surface. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the soft cheese, ricotta and eggs until smooth then add two-thirds of the Tickler, with the herbs and salt and pepper. Pour into the tin and scatter over the remaining Tickler.
Place the tin on a baking sheet, put it in the preheated oven and bake for around 40 minutes, or until the cake is slightly springy to the touch around the edges and the centre is wobbly. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before chilling, ideally overnight.
While the cheesecake is baking, place the shallots, vinegar and oil in an ovenproof dish and cook at the top of the oven for about 40 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender and golden. Cool then chill until ready to serve.
To remove the cheesecake, run a sharp knife around the inside of the tin. Transfer to a serving plate, removing the baking parchment from the base. Top with the shallots and cooking juices.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic