Dish type: Main course
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
· 1 tbsp Bart Black Mustard Seeds
· 10 Bart Curry Leaves
· 2 tbsp vegetable oil
· 2 onions, finely chopped
· 1 tsp Bart Turmeric
· 1 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
· 1 tsp Bart Ginger in Sunflower Oil
· 2 tsp Bart Chilli in Sunflower Oil
· 400g chopped tomatoes, skinless
· 200ml coconut cream
· 500g raw prawns, peeled
· Salt & pepper
· Juice of 1 lemon
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves. When the seeds begin to pop add the onion and cook until soft. Stir in the turmeric, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes.
2. Reduce the sauce to a thick consistency over a high heat before adding the coconut cream.
3. Gently stir in the prawns and cook for about 2 minutes until pink. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.