When serving your cream tea don’t forget to do it the Cornish way, jam first and then clotted cream!
Time: 20 minutes
500g plain flour
15g baking powder
pinch of salt
100g caster sugar
100g Rodda's Farmhouse Butter, diced
1. Sieve flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a bowl.
2. Using just your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it is no longer visible.
3. Add the milk and mix well. Once it starts to come together, turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until it forms a smooth, soft dough.
4. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees /Gas Mark 6.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 2.5 cm thick and cut into rounds with a 5cm cutter. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. For the egg wash, mix ingredients together in a small bowl and brush the tops of the scones twice.
7. Do not over-bake them or they will be dry.
8. Serve them warm with Cornish clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam.